Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > DIY to Full version? MD802
DIY to Full version? MD802

1559 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-10-29 01:12:33

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    The Vic Werks
    2019-04-16 04:45:29
     So I made a mistake when I bought my MD802. I inadvertently bought the DIY version when I intended to buy the full version. Can this be upgraded to the full Version?

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    wilsonmcghie

2019-10-29 01:12:33 (Reply to:The Vic Werks)

From what I can gather, the diy version is one with no vehicle software preinstalled, whereas the MD802 has all the software installed. You register your scanner on the autel website, you can then select your free one piece of vehicle software (good for the home mechanic who only needs it for their car). Then you have to pay $10 for additional vehicle software, spreads the cost! You need to connect your scanner to the pc, go onto update icon, then you can install. I too bought the diy version, but I have bought and installed lots of software. However, the sd card supplied  will not fit all the available software onto it. you will need to fit a bigger card (16gb should be enough). Format the new card, hook up to pc and update, it will let you reinstall all software you have bought, including operating system for your device, that is a nice touch! Nice piece of kit☺
  Total1 Pages